Monday, April 10, 2006

yes, you're older now and you're a clever swine

that was way too much fun. so here come two more. but then i'll stop. this could get addicting.

do you know what i love about walking to the library at night? the architecture building. second only to my crush on getting an english degree, i have a crush on architecture. during the day, you can't see inside, but at night you can and it's super fun. reminds me of when i took japanese architecture. those were the good old days...
and then i remember survey of jazz and talking really loudly cause we owned campus.
they turned on the fountain.

so one place i don't like to see my birthday: the gas station. (yes, i do know that $2.24 is not $4.10 but it might as well be. anyone want to pitch in on my hybrid fund? this city driving is getting to be a problem. i'm getting almost 70 miles less to my tank. yuck.) so i only put a little in, hoping for a better offer tomorrow from the smith's on 600 north, but i did a PERFECT $10 pump, and i thought, "i gotta tell someone!"
(another place would be my score on my midterms, but seeing as how this isn't a suicide note, i have not yet got that score back yet. cross your fingers.)

so i thought maybe i should actually tell you about my birthday.
i got:

  • woken up at 7 by a text message from my little brother singing happy birthday to me. (yes, text messages can sing, you unimaginative swine. that's the last time i cast my pearls before you.)
  • woken up at 7:45 by a text message from al saying "happy birthday!"
  • woken up at 8:30 by my boss and something about email and following up later. whatever. (it wasn't there. i did follow up. i did! i'm responsible. geez. just cause i skipped work on my birthday. it wasn't even the boss i skipped out on! and the boss i skipped out on wouldn't have cared. trust me. i set my own hours.)
  • cold and rainy wetness.
  • to work on my syntax midterm.
  • to chat with ammon.
  • two text messages from joey. one with a promise of fudge...
  • to chat with joey.
  • perhaps sung to at div com practice by joey and paul.
  • ignored. (it's ok. i'm sure with your distracting mind it's easy to forget someone with your same birthday who talks about it all the time. no biggee. jer averted his eyes too, but he came to my party and said it was well decorated. so i forgave him. am i that scary? i promise the hair is getting cut off on friday. i can't promise to get to bed earlier, but once school's done i'll take naps for my 15 free days. maybe i should look into make-up after all?)
  • to go to lunch (free noodles!) with my mom and sister.
  • a big "j" keychain. (i like it. it's kind of a new thing for me, initials and stuff, but i do like it a lot.)*
  • those over-priced cookie-cutters from williams and sonoma with eleven different sizes of circles so you can make polka-dot cookies. (do i need all of those hyphens?)*
  • the promise of a cd as soon as ever i can choose which one i want the most.*
  • rockin' the awesomest ever magnets from al, made by kelsey.
  • chocolate chocolate donuts from rennie.
  • to chat with liza. (thanks for the scoop!)
  • an offer to buy my ticket to the concert AND to the div com from al, ju and joey. (you guys are too nice, and therefore, i paid and am paying on friday.)
  • (it-better-not-have-been) $8 worth of food at molca salsa instead from al and ju.
  • a lovely concert by crystal skulls and john vanderslice.
  • two pairs of flip-flops from old navy.*
  • tea cups and an easter skirt from anthropologie.* (i've yet to see them, jenny's bringing them tomorrow.)
  • oh! from before the actual day i got:
    • fudge from the niners.
    • a PURSE made out of an indiana license plate AND
    • the best dance party mix EVER on earth from the coolest people on earth (my indiana sister and her husband.)
    • my jane austen book that i loaned danny a million years ago back.
  • an email from heidi.
  • an email from erin.
  • a phone call from the boston sister.
  • two more text messages from al.
  • a wallet and some lipstick (is she trying to give me a hint?) from my grandma.
  • and someone to officially buy my provo contract!! whoa. what a load off.

*given by my mother.

so there you have it. my day in a nutshell. in a really big nutshell. so big, in fact, that i probably could've saved space by leaving it outside the nutshell...
it rained. i didn't go to cail. i tried to work on my midterm, i went to lunch and shopping, i tried to work on my midterm, i went to ppfh and... did stuff... and tried to work on my midterm, i went to a concert and molca salsa and tried to work on my midterm, i went to slee... tried to work on my midterm.

and since i've taken to
also celebrating my european birthday on the clock (much easier to see twice-a-day)...

No comments: