Saturday, April 15, 2006

easter bag?

"it's an easter miracle!!"
barnes and noble finally came through for me. it was touch and go there for a minute, but the 15 textbooks are safe and sound in james' office. children, it's been months. but at last at last at last we can have normal lessons. starting tuesday.
man. that means i have to get back to preparing lessons... darn.

so today is tax day. meh. i got my refund way back. huzzah for parents and turbo tax, eh?

guess who got married today? lindsey brooks.
guess who else got married today? bryan hicks.
the craziest thing is, they married EACH OTHER!

ah, the brooks-hicks wedding. it was a lovely dinner. i thoroughly enjoyed myself. everything was beautiful. especially linds. the food was delicious. the cake was pink inside.
i met mini-bryan, i mean... kimball.
we were all there. all the roommates. (for a minute. stupid div com.) and i about lost consciousness for joy. and then my old roommates and my new roomates gathered in the kitchen of my new house facing off like sharks and jets. you could cut the tension with a knife. oh wait. that was the leftover fudge from my party.

so tomorrow is easter. it's late this year, but it still snuck up on me.
we're about to dye eggs and my mom is baking sugar cookies shaped like eggs.
i love easter.

and now, children, i leave you with the sage words once given to me by a person i love more than life itself:

"i'll tell you one thing,
a wallet...
is a folder....
in england."

and i don't remember the rest.

1 comment:

the anna said...

whoa! hang on. i didn't understand. these aren't just sugar cookies. these are AUNT SUE sugar cookies. they are indescribably good. and you PAINT them. more on this tomorrow.