Monday, June 12, 2006

elysium

thursday night i tried to be prompt about getting off work so i could deliver my visiting teaching routes and meet the girls. it was nearly 9:30 so i decided to forego making treats and just say hi. there was thunder and lightning and it was pouring down rain so i decided to walk.
i returned home, dripping.

heaven.

friday night and saturday day i spent in Durham, NC revisiting the sites and foods of my childhood.

heaven.

saturday night i had a full moon over the ocean on one side and a lightning storm on the other.
only in heaven could you simultaneously have my two favorite celestial phenomena PLUS the ocean and a beautiful warm night.

yesterday at church the bishop told my dad we had come at a good time because a week ago the water had still been "cold"; "around 70".

heaven!!!

the forecast says the thunderstorms will stay all week, but we've had sunshine bastante. i could wish it was a little hotter (i need that oppressive heat to get me into the ocean since my salt water allergies have not abated and i still get itchy and splotchy), but all in all it's, well, heavenly. (the only other minor annoyance: my hair. my hair has gotten over excited by the return to the homeland and has over-done the curliness so that now i just look like medusa. nice.)

after pancakes we head out, the brothers-in-law head up the castle building (complete with suburbs) and mom goes to buy a boogie board.
a little swimming (as i said, i would wish it warmer still, and it's been pretty rough-- for the atlantic.) and we head in for world cup and lunch. now it's lazy time. the brothers-in-law are playing tony hawk while their wives sleep and sun themselves. my mother and sister watch and nap, my brother and father take their turn in the water (they missed the morning swim doing various and sundry) and i, the perpetual odd-man-out, attempt to express something to you, the internet. (i'm not feeling sorry for myself; they actually call me "the odd man out". i try to put it onto tros[bryan] since jen and i share the bunk beds, but it's true. mom and dad are the parents. maria and chris are maria and chris. liz and jord are liz and jord. and jenny and bry are the little kids. they even have little-kid games and little-kid-we're-the-only-ones-still-at-home inside jokes and stuff. it's a bummer.)

it's not all fun and games, however (although i did finally learn how to play settlers last night). i actually have a ton of work to do. but, as you might imagine, motivation is lacking.

also, chris is like the super genius of all that is awesome and has periodically been showing me cool internet/computer things. if suddenly my blog starts looking the cooler than you can handle, you'll know why.

day one of the beach. if i don't write anymore until i get back, be proud of me for doing my homework.

(i'll try to get some cool pictures of the sand castle.)

No comments: