Saturday, March 10, 2007

who do you want to blame?

do you know those days when you just think "i'm a fool for being alive"?
i have more of those than i think is my fair share.
which, liza, is why i have a happy blog. cause otherwise all i would think about is how somehow, just when i'd discovered all the tips and tricks i needed to finally master my one great photographic ambition, the entire bottle of liquid light got exposed.

i should've had a good day today, but it's nearing 11pm and i just am not happy.
i can't really say why.
i didn't necessarily have plans so it's not that i didn't get to do them.
i did work on my project AND do homework so it's not that i'm lazy.
i got to talk to rennie and kathryn, which is sadly rare.
cam sent me a happy birthday text.
(by the bye, i think it is so super awesome that cam, out of all people, would remember my birthday)
i ate good food (my dad is perfecting his sandwich repertoire and tonight i sampled the latest reincarnation of the tuna melt, which i love. jalapenos. who knew?)
and i finally learned how to operate tivo (which may solve all of my "i hate tv/turn off the idiot box/candy everybody wants/what show's that? oh sorry, i work nights. and mornings and days." problems)

all in all, i would have to classify today as a good day and myself as an absolute brat for being in a sad mood right now.

i think i'm going to bed.

4 comments:

Liz said...

I just wanted to clarify that your birthday is April 10, not March 10. I know that it is your custom to celebrate the 10th of every month, but if you think about it, there's no correlation between the tenths of various months. For one thing, the months are not equal, so theres no symmetrical connection. Furthermore, look at lunar cycles. The word "month" is supposedly derived from "the moon" but months don't even line up with lunar cyles. If so, the phases of the moon would be on the same dates of every month. They are not. They start out close, but by the end of the year they are way off. Thus, the numbering of days is arbitrary. Furthermore, I'm very glad that you celebrate this. If you can get excited over days that just have the same number as your birthday, then I'm sure you can find something to be happy about today.

the anna said...

ha ha ha, liz.

i think today i will be happy that you finally wrote something on your own instead of via jord.
and it was on my blog!

i will also be happy that i have the recipe for korean potatoes.

and i will also be happy to point out that a more effective transition in your "long and rambling" comment from your cynical (jo?) reflections on the futility of celebrating fairy birthdays to your approval of my celebration of them would be "however".

unless you want to debate it. which i'm always game for. i'm already planning your arguments: style, irony, etc.

jo said...

the anna and I were discussing the word "cynial" the other day and comparing it to "skeptical". It would seem that these two words might have the same if not similar meanings, but further research shows that well...
At first I believed in this line of thinking:
A cynic is someone that questions the motives of other people mostly thinking that selfishness is what motivates. A skeptic is someone that just questions in general
so, I feel like you can say you can be a skeptic without being a cynic. But if you are a cynic you are probably a skeptic as well.

I believed that true cynics must be skeptical of their own actions and must therefore be selfish themselves. This, however, did not go over well with the rest of what I was thinking because, what if you were cynical because your intentions were indeed sincere? This got me into a whole lot of mush because now my previous understanding of the word did not stand...

I'm rambling... and confused. But I will continue my consideration of this idea... because i know that you are so interested... [cough]

the anna said...

we are interested. and by we i mean me.

so yes.

pray, continue.