Monday, February 26, 2007

meet me there in the blue

(the player won't work, so click on the title to hear the song)
so jo brings up a good point.
i struggle for a way to describe a spiral that winds outwards, that gets bigger instead of smaller.
surely, this is a fault of my vocabulary.

jo offers "concentric circles" and i wonder to myself what the best way to represent my walking in circles would be.

here are concentric circles:

while in my mind my original thought looks something like this:

but what if it's really like this?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I pictured what your mind pictured the first time. If you got a gps you could track where you are really going. I (meaning my friend's dad and he showed me) did it at Lake Powell this summer. It was pretty neat.

jo said...

bah! there has got to be a word for what your mental image!

i'm still searching.

the anna said...

no, jo.
it's ok. no need to continue the search on my account.
perhaps there isn't a word. maybe there's only a word in some other language and one day i'll learn that language and life will come full circle yet again.
no worries.

liza,
very cool. i'm all about that sort of thing.
now i'm wondering, is there a mental gps?

Unknown said...

I think your post shows that you have a mental gps. But if you would like to see proof of what you're doing then you could get an electronic one.
I think my cell phone should have gps. I don't know how to sit still when I'm on the phone. It would be pretty funny to see me go all over the place.