Thursday, February 02, 2006

the maths

[[eats]]=Lx.[Ly.y eats x]
[[np1]]=[[joanna]]=Joanna
[[np2]]=[[dinner]]=dinner

[[s]]= [[vp]]([[np1]])
[[vp]]=[[v]]([[np2]])
Lx.[Ly.y eats x](dinner)(Joanna)
[Ly.y eats dinner](Joanna)
[[s]]=1 iff Joanna eats dinner

truth conditions of the sentence "Joanna eats dinner"

frage: When you say "truer words were never spoken", do the truths thus referred to have to be spoken? Is it just generally understood as such, or are you, in fact, only making a comparison of spoken words, not taking into account the written, thought or typed word?

So, I only have this because I couldn't figure out how to comment on Jackie Smaz without creating my own blog. I think that's kind of manipulative, but maybe I'm just dumb.

I have a penchant for lengthy and pointless emails that I mercilessly subject my kind friends to. If I ever figure this whole thing out, I may endeavor to transfer my energies into the more painless and passive but also more public and therefore more perilous undertaking of blogging.

Until the decision is made, I bid you adieu.

1 comment:

jo said...

I see what you mean, I can't comment without signing up either.